Yogi is a 10 year old Havanese…and a man amongst dogs. The Havanese breed is traditionally between 10-15 pounds, but not Yogi! He is a true dog-foodie, and weighs in at a gastronomic 25 pounds! Yogi loves to be in the kitchen while I am cooking, and he keeps the floors spic and span as he doubles as my personal crumb catcher. Always the rational thinker, you will hear from Yogi throughout this blog as he offers up tips that can further simplify and health-ify your life. A few stapes Yogi lives by:
- Want to reduce calories and fat while still keeping a recipes great flavor intact? Try replacing fatty meats like ground chuck, bacon or sausage with turkey meats.
- Cut the fat out of milk products by using skim milk instead of whole milk. Plus, try Neufchatel in lieu of cream cheese.
- Calorie-heavy and high-fat foods often provide the tastiest meals, but try using leaner meats with spices that pack a little heat to make up for any missing flavor is always a good plan.
- Deviled eggs are a great crowd pleaser but can be messy to make. Try using a small melon baller to fill the whites.
- If you hate peeling hard boiled eggs try using a teaspoon for a quick peel. Just crack the egg shell on either end and insert the spoon into the opening. Rotate the spoon and lift the shell easily . Bye bye to picking off little shell pieces.
- Flavored pancakes are an easy way to perk up plain buttermilk. Try adding a tablespoon of jam, jelly or even nutella for added flavor.